Dive into Refactoring
Tired of reading countless books about writing good code? We have something different for you today. We proudly present the interactive course on refactoring, which will make you a better programmer.
You will like the course if you have at least once felt like this cat here sitting in front of a broken build.
The course teaches about 21 smells of bad code and 66 refactoring techniques to fix it.
Each chapter includes examples in Java, C# and PHP.
The refactoring techniques are illustrated with live examples. These are much easier to follow than static code – and more fun, too!
The home page with links to forum and cheat sheets.
First steps into the course.
Going through one of the code smells.
The course covers 21 code smells and 66 refactorings.
Live examples show how to apply refactorings step-by-step.
Each example is followed by a diff view between starting and resulting code.
Why is this course better than a thick book about refactoring?
This course is written in simple, accessible language with no academic jargon. Direct and to the point with a minimum of fluff.
It’s optimized for tablet viewing. So go ahead and read it on your couch while sipping some tasty cappuccino.
Interactive elements of the course help to keep you on your toes, unlike ordinary books that lull you to sleep after ten minutes.
Oh and did we mention the live interactive examples? Yes we did, but they’re too cool not to mention again!
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Your purchase of the course is absolutely risk-free. If within a month you decide that you are unhappy with your purchase, we will immediately refund all your money, no questions asked.
Here's what other people say+ Write a review
I completed the course at a leisurely pace in about a week. I liked how the smells link to the relevant refactoring methods and vice versa.
Awesome material, thank you! I use the standard refactoring methods in Idea pretty often but I did not realize there are so many of them. Of the new ones, my favorite is Replace Nested Conditional with Guard Clauses.
I liked how the material was structured in one story line. I know you just got started but my suggestion would be to add examples in Swift too.
Frequently asked questions
- What do I receive after I pay?
- You receive a username and password for an account on this site. Then you log in and start the course. Your account will also have links for downloading bonus materials.
- How long do I get access for? Is there a time limit?
- There is no time limit, and no monthly/yearly fee to keep access. Log in whenever you like and the course will be there for you!
- What payment methods do you accept?
- You can use credit/debit cards or PayPal.
- How do you keep my data safe?
- Your payment information is sent in encrypted form directly to the payment gateway. Your payment data is never transmitted to or stored on our server.
- Can I get my money back if I’m dissatisfied with the course?
- Yes! We only want your money if you are happy with the product! If you aren't satisfied, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your receipt and we will refund you, no questions asked.